This Holi we bring you some easy and great recipes for the traditional holi dishes to savour at home. Try the twist in traditional dishes and make your holi special in every way. With over 15 years of adept culinary experience, Chef Avinash’s area of gastronomic expertise predominantly lies in Western cuisine, with proficiency in Seafood and Nouville Western cuisines, as well. So, here’s from the chef’s table,
Chocolate prunes Gujiyas
For Gujiya Pastry
|Refined flour||300 gm|
|Dark chocolate||60 Gm|
First, make dough from refined flour, ghee and water. Knead the dough nicely and keep it a side for 30 minutes.
Now make the stuffing for Gujiya by cooking Mawa on slow heat, add chopped prunes, sugar and cardamom and at last put dark chocolate.
Now take the log of the dough, divide it into equal parts, and make small ball out of it and keep under moistened cloth, which will avoid drying.
Now roll each ball with the help of rolling pin and with your fingertips apply water on the circumference of the rolled dough ball.
Put one spoon of stuffing and press gently both side edges so that it is sealed properly so that the stuffing does not come out while frying.
However, it is best to make pleated edges as the stuffing gets sealed well and the Gujiya looks visually appealing. Just keep on folding and twisting the edges till the end.
Now deep fry all the Gujiyas to golden brown colour and serve hot.
|Poppy seeds||30 Gm|
|Dried rose petal||10 Gm|
|Fennel seeds||10 Gm|
|Melon seeds||30 Gm|
|Black pepper||5 Gm|
Soak almonds, pistachios, poppy seeds, fennels seeds, melon seeds and cardamom in warm water.
Make a smooth paste of all soaked ingredients. Now add this paste with chilled milk and adjust the consistency and sweetness by adding sugar.
Garnish it with dried rose petals, chopped pistachios and chopped almond. Serve chilled.
|White Urad dal||120 Gm|
|Moong dal||2 Gm|
|Cumin seeds||10 gm|
|Red chilli powder||5 gm|
|Cumin powder||5 gm|
|Black salt||To taste|
|Fresh Coriander leaves||50gm|
|Pomegranate arils||20 gm|
|Chaat masala||5 gm|
|Lemon juice||10 ml|
• First, rinse the white urad dal and moong dal and soak it for 4- 5 hours. Now, grind the dal in the grinder, add cumin seeds, ginger and asafoetida. Add water accordingly. Now make a fluffy and smooth batter.
• Next, make wadas and deep-fry it until it turns golden in color, after that soak them in water for about 25- 30 minutes. Now remove excess water from the wadas by pressing it gently.
• Take chilled curd and beat it until smooth, now gently put the wadas in it. Make green chutney and tamarind chutney.
• To make individual portion of dahi bhalla, place dahi wada in a plate then add more curd if required, put green chutney, tamarind chutney and pomegranate arils. Sprinkle some red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder and fine chopped fresh coriander. Finally garnish with fine sev and serve.
Golgappa (Pani Puri)
|Mint leaves||50 gm|
|Cumin powder||5 gm|
|Fennel seeds||4 gm|
|Amchoor powder||3 gm|
|Lemon juice||10 ml|
|Chaat masala||3 gm|
|Black salt||2 gm|
|Refined flour||100 gm|
|Kabuli chana||10 gm|
|Chaat masala||4 gm|
|Moong Dal Sprout||10 gm|
• Make dough of refined flour, semolina, salt and soda; keep the dough for resting for about 15 minutes. Roll it and cut into circles and deep fry it or buy readymade puris from the market.
• Soak some tamarind, make pulp out of it, and mix it with the ginger, black salt and jaggery. Add water till desired consistency.
• Grind mint leaves, coriander, green chilli, amchoor powder black salt and cumin powder and make a paste add water until desired consistency.
• Take mashed potato, kala chana, red chilli powder, cumin-coriander powder, chaat masala powder, coriander leaves and salt and make the stuffing for poori.
• Make sprout and Kabuli chana chat by mixing chaat masala and chopped onion and fresh coriander.
• Assemble the pani poori stuffed it with the desired stuffing and pour pani on the poori and serve.
Missing wholesome reading, celebrity interviews and latest in fashion?
Sign up for our Newsletter to get best deals and news on Fashion |Travel | Food |& Art